Thursday, October 25, 2007

When you gotta go...

The next time my son tells me while we are in the middle of a church service that he has to go pee, I can assure you that I'll pay better attention.

We have a rule that the kids know they are supposed to go use the facilities between class and service (morning and evening). I took Carter to the potty right before the service started at 6:00 p.m., so at 6:50 when he started squirming and holding 'it' in the pew I told him to sit still and be quiet, that it would only be a few more minutes. Well, it was something like 20 more minutes (Bad Mommy), and I'd forgotten all about his situation. (Must have been that amazing sermon The Husband was delivering.)

The second the last word was prayed in the dismissal, Carter Big Boy went screaming out the side door of the sanctuary like he was on fire. In his panic to get to the potty, he went out the wrong side of the building. Finding himself out in the grass as far as he could possibly be from the bathroom two buildings over, he did the only thing that he could do in that precarious situation.

He whipped it out and let it rip.

So there stood the Number One Son making the Number One in the side yard of the church santuary just as everyone began exiting the building. Naturally, he was on the side that faces the parking lot too. So I don't want to hear one word of it the next time he tromps up the aisle in the middle of the preaching to go use the facilities. It beats taking a pee in the front yard of the church building. Ha-ha! (You can't make this stuff up.)

No comments: