Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Fall Festival



I don't know why this photo cracked me up so much...maybe seeing the Ice Princess, Batman, and Dora the Explorer Princess shoving pizza in their faces in front of the TV before leaving for the Fall Festival was just more than I could process.

It was another full weekend to say the least. The Husband and I went on a real date on Friday night. Whoo-hoo! We dropped the twins at a gymnastics function, the son went to spend the night with a buddy, and Nana came and kept the terror, er, toddler. We went to a really fine steak house and had a lovely time of it. It was nice to eat a meal out in public without having to find out if they had chocolate milk, order an extra plate, or cut up anyone's food as it came to the table.

Saturday night was the big Fall Festival at church. I thought that it was a really solid success and was proud of our people and the amazing talent that was manifested! Whoa some of the decorations and costumes and food! Most importantly, the kids had a huge time.



Lily kept making faces. I guess she was trying to overcompensate for the no mask situation.



And here is the hap, hap, happiest fairy in the entire land of Alabama. Elaina decided that she didn't like the black leotard body suit I planned for her to wear under her "itchy" fairy costume, and the pink one we settled on "isn't blue or purple like the costume, Mom!!!!" so she stood around like this until I let her run back to the house and put on jeans and a sweater. (You'll never discern who my picky child is...)

We had to pry Lily out of the Dora princess costume by letting her wear Batman while Dora was in the wash

You can tell we had a big time....

No comments: