Sunday, November 20, 2011

30 Days of Thankful--Days 18 and 19 Too Many Reasons to Count

Today I am thankful for a long list of ordinary things:

1) Indoor plumbing.
2) All of the appliances in my house.
3) Central heat and air.
4) Comfortable clothing and shoes.
5) Enough to eat.
6) Access to medication if we are sick.
7) So much to eat that we throw food away because it spoils.
8) Soap, shampoo, toothpaste and toothbrushes.
9) Medical care thirty minutes away in any direction.
10) Family and friends all around me that would come in a moment's notice for any reason I call.
11) Fire department right around the corner.
12) The ability to worship this morning without any fear of my government.
13) A Bible to carry with me to service and study from during the week.
14) And the list could go on a hundred pages long...

Think you don't have reasons to be thankful? Maybe you aren't looking hard enough.

No comments: