Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Last Day of Universal 2010.

We had another amazing day! This morning we slept a little later and headed right to Islands of Adventure. We started in the Dr. Seuss area, which was really amazing. Visually as good as anything Disney has (which hasn't totally been the case thus far). Loved the Cat in the Hat ride, and the tram that took us in the air over the land. Lovely.

We ate at Mythos for lunch. It was incredibly overrated. In fact, it stank. We had this strange tex mex pizza appetizer (and left half of it on the plate). Steve had fish tacos, which had some sort of watermelon salsa on them (again, odd). I had this Vietnamese wrap called a Fire and Ice Wrap. It came in a rice paper wrap thing, but it had the strangest consistency. Like latex gloves. Really gross. And it smelled odd. I ended up eating the chicken and bean sprouts out of the center and leaving the rest. I couldn't bring myself to put it in my mouth. Ick. So, this was the only bad meal we had on the entire trip. Pretty good odds.

The only bummer was that Harry Potter opens tomorrow when we leave instead of today. :-( We got to view most of the land, which was awe inspiring even from afar. Based on the foot traffic difference from Wednesday to today, I'd say we are getting out of Dodge at the right time. It's going to be crazy in here tomorrow. Hogsmeade and the castle open. I wish I'd gotten up close and personal. Harry Potter also shut down two rides since they are re-appropriating them. The Fire and Ice Dragons are becoming the Dragon Challenge, so we didn't get on that coaster, but we rode almost everything else!

Speaking of rides, the big funny of the day happened at The Hulk. They have these demo seats so that you can make sure that the bar or lap belt or whatever will fit over your particular body type. Anyone who has ever laid eyes on me would understand in great detail why I would need to do a seat check based on my bra size alone, and on The Hulk, the restraining bar comes down directly over your chest.

So, I walked up to the teenage male attendant working the tester seats and said, "I want to see if the girls are going to fit on this ride." He smiled and said, "Sure enough, ma'am, just bring them over and we'll see if they fit." I grinned, understanding that he thought I was referring to actual children, and I did the only thing I could do. I picked up a boob in each hand and sat down in the seat. He did a double take and busted out laughing. I didn't know for sure that you could actually make an African American blush, but you evidently can. Sufficed to say, The Girls fit without incident, and we were off and running!

Let's see...Spider Man was a favorite. It's a 3-D coaster experience. The Hulk coaster was awesome. Steve disagreed. He said that he may or may not be able to reproduce again after riding it. I told him no worries since I don't want anymore shorties, and then asked if he'd take me riding again. (no) :-) We also liked some of the shows. We missed most of the water rides since it started storming in the afternoon, and we had to go back to the hotel for a nap (sleep is never a reason for disappointment). It was a good day.

Tonight, we were lazy and ate in the hotel. This was one of the best meals of the entire trip, and the most inexpensive. (figures) We had an antipasta plate (salami, pepperoni, calamata and feta olives, mozzarella, tomatoes, en salat. YUMMY! We also had a pizza with fresh sliced tomato and mozzarella made on site. It was fabulous. Spicy and cheesy. It was so big we ate half, then gave the other half to a family sitting next to us. Then, to top that off, we split caramel gelatto with fudge sauce, caramel, and pecans. Hallelujah. Amen.

While we were eating, we were serenaded by tenors tearing up some opera selections. They sang from a balcony that overlooked the piazza. It was really amazing.

So, this has been an incredible trip, however, I'm bad ready to come home. I want to see my babies, my mother, the dog, my own bed. It's been fun to be away and hear amazing preaching, vote on important issues, eat great food, ride big rides, swim, sun, etc., but I want to come home to my little house in the country surrounded by the best friends and family in the whole world! I AM SO BLESSED!

No comments: