Thursday, December 6, 2007

Home Alone

We're about to have a First for the new house...the kids are spending the night away from home on Friday night. All of them. Away. Gone. As in 'no kids in the house'.

Now, I hate to do the happy dance all over the place about my kids being away from home, but anyone with four kids can tell you that having all of them away at the same time over night is like a miraculous occurrence. We have a greater chance of a meteorite landing in the back yard than having all four kids off overnight at the same time.

Someone at church joked that we don't need to be left alone to our own devices--four kids is enough. :-) I'm just looking forward to sleeping without Carter's big head in my back and not waking up at 6:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. Yea! Whoo-hoo! (We are old.)

Since I am mailing out our Christmas photos this coming week, I'll save my official Johnson Christmas Photos on the blog until everyone gets to be surprised, but I was looking through some old Christmas photos this weekend, and I thought I'd share some of my favorites.

This is Elise doing her impression of Mary and the Baby Jesus.
Elaina, I-want-to-be-a-soccer-mom-when-I-grow-up Johnson.
Elaina (Don't hate me because I'm beautiful):
Elise (Who is smiling so big because she already formulated the plan to hurl that ball in her lap across the room at the back of her brother's head--which happened one second after the photo was taken):
Carter (Another photo? You can't be serious. When is this over and the gift part happens?):
Lily (only way to make it through the holidays unscathed--sleep):

No comments: