Monday, March 15, 2010

How Facebook Killed My Blog

Okay, I'll finally admit it. I'm into the instant gratification of Facebook. I can't stop posting one liners and laughing at myself long enough to write a real post on here. I can cruise through people's private lives without getting stuck in an hour-long conversation about their latest surgery. One click and I can read, "surgery went fine. home now." Score!

And the photos, the notes, the web links. You can blow through literally hours doing nothing but exchanging trivial information with other people. But what an amazing way to keep in touch with people I wouldn't normally have any contact with at all! It's awesome! (I'm an addict.)

If I'm being honest, I can't blame the demise of my beautiful, funny blog all at the feet of Facebook. The Shorties have become more and more aware of themselves in space, and have announced that it's humiliating to have all of their goofiness on display for other people to laugh at. I get this as The Mother Bear, but can't help myself. I'm a comedienne at heart and want other people to laugh at what I find amusing. My Shorties have awesome humor skills but haven't honed the all-important ability to laugh at themselves yet. No fear; at 9, 7, and 5, that's an acquired skill, so there's plenty of time.

So, in the meantime, I said I'd TRY to post only things that humiliate me and not them. I can tell already it's going to be difficult to hold true to this promise, since I've got at least ten anecdotes ready to post in the wings that are questionable at best. :-) arg.

No comments: