Monday, March 15, 2010

Rich Source Material

For those of you who follow this blog, but don't Facebook. I'm hilarious! Various Updates:

*********************

Loaned one Shortie out for the night; picked up two more. Somehow this math thing isn't working out for me. Go figure that I failed college algebra. Twice. And to think I believed I'd never need that skill in the Real World.

*********************

Did not! Did too! Did not! Did too! She's touching me! Quit looking at me! What is that smell? Because I said so! No, you can't have a candy bar; it's almost time for dinner. How did that happen to your hair? You most certainly will not do that to your brother. What do you mean it just fell out? Kids are home. :-)

*********************

Lily finally quit doing the technicolor yawn. Now let's hope she's the only Shortie with cooties.

**********************

It's my nap time. Hold all of my calls. :-)
--got the best response to this one: "Yes, your hind ass, er, I mean Your Highness. Consider it done." from a friend I knew in the 5th grade. lol

**********************

That song "Meet Me on the Equinox" is a flat-out jam. I'm throwing down all over the house. Elaina asked if I was having a seizure. Um, no. Just dancing. But thanks.
--from friend, "So, you're like our own personal Elaine at Union Springs? Cool."

***********************

Ordered that Potty Patch thing off of the TV last night. Like a chia pet your dog pees on. Carter wanted to know if he could 'just test it out'. Um, no.

************************

Signs of the coming End? Elise and Elaina got Facebooks for Christmas. And worse news? They have more friends that I do.

*************************

To movie or not to movie. That is the question.

*************************

Had a date with The Husband. Got bored in the movie (Sherlock Holmes) and thought about making out, but there was a row full of 15-yr-olds behind us and that might have been too traumatic for them (old people kissing--ewe gross). That and I didn't want to have Skittles thrown at the back of my head.

**************************

Christmas Eve: Ate the center of the Oreos. Drank the eggnog. My work here is finished.

***************************

I work in the lunchroom on Thursdays. Thursday we served Salisbury steak with gravy and mashed potatoes. Carter came up to the lunch counter where I was standing and asked, dead serious, "Is this steak medium rare?" I nodded. Yes. Yes it is. "Oh, good. That's how I like mine."

****************************

Holy Boyfriends, Batman! I just noticed that one of the Wonder Twins has a "relationship status" on her profile (whatever that means in fourth grade). (Breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth)

**************************

Our daughter, the Little Flower, has decided at the ripe old age of five, that she's no longer spelling her name Lily with one 'L'. She has informed us that from this moment forward she is to be known only as Lilly with two "L's". I blame this on the precedent set by the Artist Formerly Known as Prince. (Girls are fun.)

**************************

As you can see, it's going to be debilitating now that my richest Source Material is staging a revolt against me. I think it may be worth it to forfeit Perfect Mommy Title points for the humor factor alone...hmmm....

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Glad to see you are back! I love hearing about the precious little one! Love, Mrs. Cotter

The Mother Bear said...

Stephanie--you are not going to believe how big she is--check out the kindergarten field day post and see her photos!