Saturday, March 14, 2009

Mississippi is Coming!

Today has been a quiet, rainy day around here. We are anticipating a visit from the Mississippi cousins for the weekend. They are arriving tonight late, late, late (or early, early, early depending on your time zone) and staying through Tuesday. I think we are doing church together tomorrow. Monday, The Husband is hauling them to McWane (if you are in the B'ham area, you should definitely go there just to see this amazing thing we have access to).

Last year my kids went to stay with the Mississippi Cousins for the week, while The Husband and I were at the SBC, (this is where they learned the Apple Bottom Jeans Song aka Lo). While there, Lily thought that Sandra's actual name was in fact "Mississippi". When we announced late this week that Sandra and James and their two not-so-small-anymore children were coming for a visit, she jumped up and down and yelled, "Yea! Mississippi is coming! Mississippi is coming!"

As much as I love all of the good people in the state of Mississippi, I sincerely hope that only James, Sandra, Jimmy, and Emily show up in the driveway at 1:00 a.m. and not the entirety of Mississippi. I'm not sure I can host that many at one time (but I'd give it the ole college try).

And if that's not enough company for you, the in-laws are coming on Sunday to see the relatives, so, I'm cooking for a small army tomorrow. Culinary Goddess that I am, that'll be fun. Let's pray now that I don't poison anyone.

No comments: