Thursday, March 13, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!

Okay, so, I have this impossible dream. As The Preacher's Wife, there are a handful of essential things that are on the Must Not Do list. Some are obvious, like 'get stinking drunk' (in public--Baptist humor right there--hardee-har-har) or 'cuss like a sailor' (at church members). Some are less obvious...

For example, I am dying to see Las Vegas. I just want to SEE it. The lights, the sparklies, the castles, er, hotels, the shows. I want to stay in a hotel with a view of the entire strip and just stare at it all night. (sigh)

So, every year when it comes time to talk about The Husband and me going off somewhere (which is a must for every married couple--you need to go away alone without the kiddies at LEAST once a year), I throw Las Vegas in the mix and he patiently explains, with lots of sighing, that as a Right Reverend and Baptist Minister he is never, ever going to Las Vegas.

Pooh.

So, this year, when the conversation rolled around (yet again), he joked that if the Southern Baptist Convention was ever held in Las Vegas we would go. I threw back to him, "What about a close approximation?" He snorted and said, "As if."

Well, God loves me. He really, really loves me.

Beth Moore is headlining a Deeper Still event in Las Vegas September 5-6. So, not only do I have a 'reason' to go to Las Vegas, it's a GIRL'S WEEKEND sort of deal.

Heh-heh-heh.

Or maybe that's not so much that God loves me as it is Satan is tempting me. Hmmm... ;-)

No comments: