Tuesday, November 6, 2018

S'mores Vs Math: It's not even a contest

Friday night face masks with the boys. 
An open letter to my children: 

When the Fun Bus Rolls, 
GET ON IT IMMEDIATELY! 

Dressing up makes everything more fun. 
I told the Wonder Twins to post photos of their fun experiences on social media so that we can keep up with what they are doing, and it will make a nice memory bank later when they want to recall all of the fun things they did.

But here is the weirdest trend ever--when the girls post something fun, the news feed blows up with people telling them to study harder or more or to quit having so much fun. I know most people are having fun and being cute and joking, but it still begs the question...

What is wrong with you people? 

Did you not see our entire high school experience broadcast via social media? 

Do you know us at all? 
Dorm s'mores, because s'mores. Duh.


This is The Mother Bear's Official Response to my Children concerning People Who Tell You to Study More and Play Less:  

It would be a total parenting fail if I didn't remind everyone in the room that making s'mores in a late-night dorm party is EVERY BIT AS IMPORTANT AS MATH.

No one has ever asked me what I made in college Algebra I (a high D by the by, and yet surprisingly, my life has gone on and quite successfully, might I add), but I can recall every single fun thing I did in high school and college.
Touring campus move in weekend.


Now, if the kids were sucking at school I might have a little different take on the situation, but my girls are smart as all get out and are killing the entire schooling processes and Adulting like Total Bosses, so, I say press on towards the goal of having ALL the FUN along the way.


Goodwill Gala, Ram Rush. Classes haven't started yet. 

(Side note: There's no need to brag about how much you are studying and how awesome your grades are, Ladies. The President's List/Dean's List will speak for itself. I have never one time in my entire parenting experience been embarrassed by my children's grades. I have every confidence that this year will be no different.)

And let's reflect on the fact that you haven't been complete losers while making all of those A's. You were varsity athletes, elected officials on the Student Leadership Council, workers at every single event, BETA club members, homecoming princesses, homecoming queen, had part time jobs, and were Fun Bus all the way in high school, (all of which will be more helpful to you in the long run than actual grades on tests).

Trust me. I'm old. I know things.

Hat shopping before beaching on a Saturday. When
there are no classes, because it's Saturday.

And as if this part needed repeating, Elise spent an entire YEAR sitting in the house sick, fighting cancer. She missed her senior year. I don't care if she runs completely amok like a wild animal her freshman year away at college, because she's ALIVE! And LIVING! And Living WELL! And her sister spent an entire YEAR being a pseudo mom, so she can run wild too as far as I'm concerned.

Now you put that text book down immediately and go find some trouble. ASAP. Like yesterday. And that's an order, Young Ladies!

Love,
The Mother Bear


Dressed up for a Judson event. No boys in sight.
 Still gangster. 
#IfYouAreNotHavingFunYouAreNotDoingItRight
#SmoresForTheWin
#PlayAsHardAsYouWork
#FunBusRules
#BigEGoestoCollege
#ItsAJudsonThing





Monday night student-led, all girls campus Bible study. Wild, I tell you. Wild. 
Halloween festivities on campus at Judson, all all-girls college. No boys.
There are no boys. None. Not a one. Wear whatever you want. Seriously.
Can it be too short? No. There are no boys. 

Wednesday night Ram Refill Student-led Campus Bible Study. That's right.
We study the Bible two nights a week.
We're crazy like that. 
College night at the fair. Because nothing says rebellion like the fair. 




No comments: