Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Radiating Nothing But Love

We have been radiating all kinds of goodness...the fourteen days of radiation. To say that I am proud of my daughter throughout this process is the understatement of my life. She has remained kind spirited, faithful, steadfast, calm, radiant, optimistic, energetic, beautiful, resilient, and all things wonderful. I am proud of what she has learned and what she has taught me.
#BigEKickingtheBigC
#andstillirise
#eliseisagangster
#5shorties
#themotherbear
#funbus
#funbusdetour



Radiation Day One: February 20th. On the first day of radiation cancer gave to me-- 
three hours in the car in rush hour. 
Radiation Day Two: February 21. On the second day of radiation cancer gave to me--
an orthodontist visit for Lillian and Radiation with Big E. 



Radiation Day Three: February 22--On the third day of radiation cancer gave to me--
Friends who rode up and back to UAB with us. 

Day Three: February 22

Radiation Day Four February 23. On the fourth day of radiation, cancer gave to me: A Really Very Bad Awful Day.
Radiation off day between 4-5

February 25: spoke at our church at a Luminaria service for Relay for Life
"Mermaid skin" from the radiation mask.


Radiation Day Five: February 26--on the fifth day of radiation cancer gave to me--
Radiation after a full day of field tripping. Went to Shakespeare Festival in Montgomery, ate at Fox's Pizza, had ice cream at Frios, Gigi's cupcakes, then drove to Bham for Radiation. 




Radiation Day Six: February 27--On the sixth day of radiation cancer gave to me--
Aunt KK and a bunch of really inappropriate and loud laughing. 




Radiation Day Seven: February 28--On the seventh day of radiation cancer gave to me--
Dinner at Mudtown with Clinic 8 Nurses
(I think they miss Elise as much as she misses them!)



Radiation Day Eight: March 1--on the eighth day of radiation cancer gave to me--
this was my birthday. No better present than getting our girl healthy! 

Radiation Day Nine: March 2. On the ninth day of radiation cancer gave to me--
early appointment so we could make it to the final sports banquet of E's high school career. 
Glamorous for the last sports banquet. 

Radiation Day Ten: March 5th On the tenth day of radiation cancer gave to me--
Four hours in the car due to bad traffic.

Radiation Day 11: March 6 On the eleventh day of radiation cancer gave to me--
a really long Daddy Daughter Day

Radiation Day 12: March 7 On the twelfth day of radiation cancer gave to me--
Rushed to downtown, rushed back to Jemison, Do-na-ted BLOOD. 

March 7: Hosted Blood Drive at school. Donated after E's radiation appointment

Radiation Day 13: March 8--On the thirteenth day of radiation cancer gave to me--
Becky and Abby G.



Faye, one of our amazing radiation nurses at UAB.
Ate at Cheesecake Factory after radiation, because ONE MORE DAY!


No comments: