Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Potty Training

Photos of Carter 'helping' Lily potty train. He kept cheering her on in the funniest way. Encouraging words like, "You just push it out and then we can do the Poopy Party Dance" and then he illustrated the dance, which looked like an odd combination of the Running Man and the Cabbage Patch (showing my age again--not that I ever DID any of those dances, naturally). (Ahem.)
He insisted that he appear in the photos since he was "helping". Somewhere in there he "helped" by peeing in the floor. Repeatedly.
I'm going to lose some serious points off of my Perfect Mommy Score this year--I didn't realize he'd peed in the floor until the photos came back and I saw something on the bottom of the toilet and thought to myself, 'what is that?' and went to investigate only to find dried pee all over the toilet and floor between the potty and the garbage can. You can view it in the bottom left-hand corner of the photos. (Lovely)

There was some convoluted "reasoning" that involved illustrating the peeing and missing the actual bowl that got so confusing I got dizzy and might have forfeited an IQ point or two. (Again, the don't-ask-unless-someone-is-bleeding policy should have been invoked at that moment.)
Don't think I don’t know that this photographic evidence will be good blackmail one day. Seriously--no one wants her mother showing off photos of the first poop. I'm already dreaming up magnificent ways in which to use this jewel to my advantage. Mwwaa-ha-ha-ha!

No comments: